Friday, December 18, 2009

format of the book

I think I've become confused about where you want to use color. :-)

I was under the impression that you wanted to format the book in the following way:

• Left page: photo of the photographer
• Right page: photo the photog was shooting

• Each image would be centered or semi-top justified, allowing room under the image for a paragraph of poetry or "how to".

• Each page would be either a white or cream colored paper, with all the photos in color (I'd want to do my pics of myself in bw... I think it ads more impact.)

• Possibly using a colored band (maybe 1/2 inch wide) along the outer edges of each page... maybe to distinguish a different category/photographer/etc?

Of course we'd need to design a cover for the book.
__________

Doug said:
No, you are not offtrack.
I was only thinking of the background 'bokeh' I might use for the photos of the photographers,
as in that yellow background on the one Beatles photo.
I'm also still just 'brainstorming', the purpose of which is try to generate ideas,
and later, whittle them down.

I guess that site that started this whole thing was with the bold P.S. backgrounds colors.
Let's just drop that idea.

Thanks.
Doug
_____________

Heather said:
Doug,
No need to "drop the idea" as you put it. As you said... this is our brainstorming period. It's all very, very good! Any project, between two people, is like a beautiful tango... we each learn each others styles, moves and rhythms. That is what makes getting to know someone so wonderful... learning the dance steps. Hopefully, after watching each other and learning from each other, the finished result is something that makes people sit back and say "wow" with intense pleasure. :-)

An idea... to push your "bokeh behind the photog's pics" a bit more... what if we do keep our self pics in bw, but we could frame them with the colors from the facing page photo.

Such as this that I threw together really fast:

__________

Doug said:
Looks good.
We'll keep brainstorming.
_______
:: I made something for you...

... LOL!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88dragon/4167235230/

:-)
This one is for DOUG! :-) You suggested it! www.flickr.com/photos/javadoug/ (I'm sure in jest) suggested I have someone photograph me during my shooting process. Not many people will follow me (anymore) to some of the places I go (I tend to be a "cranky" model!). My husband is a brave soul though and managed to capture me while I was shooting over the falls one evening. If he'd waited five minutes, he would have caught me laying on the rocks, trying to capture a caterpillar attempting to cross the creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment